Days 29 - 33 Rainy Days

May 7-11, 2014

I am not being lazy to blog but nothing very interesting happened to me lately because I can't go around much due to the heavy rain.

I also realized that as much as I have grown the fondness of cooking recently, I just can't do it every single day especially after work. I can't do anything else after cooking and washing the dishes. So here are the only ones I managed to cook.

I have been addicted to breading food. I'm quite lucky to have a flatmate who brings expired or at least almost expired food from his workplace. I cooked the ham he brought home which was originally 64HKD per 2 slices. Imagine that. So yeah, I made breaded ham and cheese! And again, I think I'm addicted with tartar sauce because even though it's for seafood, it tasted very well with this one!


Check out that oozing cheese! Though I didn't bother sharing it with my French flatmates because I don't think we have the same level of liking for cheese. One of them had me try an authentic French cheese before and it just tasted like amag for me. But he said that's not yet the strongest they have. Not excited to taste that.


I've been missing home every single day so I decided to cook something I really shout out for joy whenever my mom cooks this- pork and beans! I haven't heard anyone who enjoys pork and beans as much as I do. But seriously, this is the only dish that I surely eat with extra rice and with just a spoon. I was afraid that it wouldn't taste like my Mom's since there is no Hunts here, but thank God for sugar! And oh, my parents also had the same dish that day so somehow I felt like I am at our dining area again. I miss you Mama and Papa, and of course, Kidlat! :)



I had been craving for garlic bread and I can't seem to find one in the bakeries I've been. So I had another proud moment of making my own garlic bread, and then I cooked pesto pasta again. Sarap kumain lalo na kapag sa kaldero. Haha!



I've been enjoying going to The Vine Church partly because I love hearing Tagalog words buzzing around me since there are so many Filipinos there, even volunteers!

So yeah, I'd like to share a series of slides that struck me last service. Here are actual scriptures that we knowingly, and most of the time unknowingly, cry out to God especially when things are just not going our way.


But here's the real solution to EVERY crisis.


So instead of doubting yourself and God, remember these verses and put in mind that it's never our way but God's. It's easier said than done, I know, but He NEVER gives up on us so don't give up on yourself too. :)


So yeah, as my Irish friend said, "The weather is so miserable." And I thought she was exaggerating her word, but that's how they really speak in Ireland. I've been enjoying hearing colloquial British words from her such as: aeroplane (but still pronounced as airplane), hoover (vacuum), sticky eyes (googly eyes), and the winner for me is "pipe cleaners" as in what we usually call fuzzy wire. Haha! I badly want to learn linguistics now. :)


It has been very cold lately due to the weather. I even turn on the aircon as my heater. There was this one night that I couldn't sleep because the thunder was so loud and really scary. I am used with rain, thunder and lightning in the Philippines, but NOT without my parents around, whom I can easily snuggle with in the middle of their bed when I get scared. :(

Oh Mr. Sun, Sun, Mr. Golden Sun, please shine down on me,
Kim :(

0 comments:

Post a Comment