Days 22-25 FOOOOOOOOD

So my bad habit of 3-day blogging had gone worse to 4-day blogging. But I promise this will just be quick because the past 4 days was just about food 'coz next to my flat, I live in the grocery.

Day 22 - April 30, 2014

I am still craving for liempo but I still don't know where to find it. :( So I ended up getting this Pork Chop with Bean Curd after the lady shouted or rather talked to me in Cantonese because she can't understand me. Thank God for the universal gesture of "pointing".


Since my craving was not satisfied and I feel bad for spending a lot on restaurant food, I decided to face my fear: cooking. Thanks to my good friend, KG, I now know the different cheap groceries near my place. :)

I've also been craving for spaghetti for a long time now, Filipino style- tamang tamis asim. But like Forever21, I get overwhelmed when there are so many variations of something. So I decided to take photos of all these brands and research on what's the best. That's how I control in buying makeup.


I love Campbells' Cream of Mushroom Soup especially when partnered with meatloaf, (Maling not Spam) but I didn't know that there are so many other variations of it. What recipe can I cook with this, anyone? :) I love their pumpkin soup by the way! :D


So since I won't be cooking tonight, I bought my favorite sushi, which turns out to be a pseudo-sushi since it's not authentic from Japan, California Maki! I love eating a mouthful of sushi but for this size, I still have to bite in half. Seriously, aren't small people allowed in Hong Kong?


Day 23 - May 1, 2014

Yep, I went to the grocery again to check out their packed dishes and rice. I knew I wouldn't be satisfied with chicken alone so I was so happy upon seeing breaded crab meat. I miss eating seafood!


This wasn't so bad at all! So from this day on, if I am too lazy to cook and I'm on a tight budget, grocery food will be on my tummeh! :D

Day 24 - May 2, 2014

I went to the grocery again to finally get spaghetti ingredients... but I freaked out. There's something about cooking that doesn't include Kimberly Samson in the formula. If only I could use brushes or hair dryer in cooking, then maybe I can be good at it. I don't know if I'm getting the right meat or sauce, etc. I even tried to go to the wet market but everything just got worse for me. :( So I ended up with a pathetic microwavable pizza. Mas masarap pa yung 3M pizza dito eh.



Day 25- May 3, 2014

This is the day! I WILL COOK! I finally had my mental note of the things I need to buy. But more than anything else, I am proud that I was able to buy at the wet market just to buy onion and garlic, hehe! No wonder my relatives from abroad pitied our onions for its small size. Haha! Guess I need to do more cooking in the future!



TADAAAAAHHHHH. Again, if you know me well you'd know this is MAJOR achievement for me. I am so happy I got the right mix of my mom's pasta sauce. It tasted like home. :) I guess the kitchen and I can be friends after all! :)


Budding chef (Naks!),
Kim :D

P.S.
Dear friends, it is still not safe for you to ask me to cook for you. I care about your lives. Please, just don't.

0 comments:

Post a Comment