Days 26-27 New Favorite Thing & New Best Friend

I think my HK Diaries is slowly turning into a food blog. Then mission accomplished! It's about time for me to finally c-o-o-k.

Day 26 - May 4, 2014

Every house-slash-home has a specific day especially meant for... GENERAL CLEANING DAY. I have anticipated this day since I starting sleeping in my own flat. When I officially rented my room, the French guy who previously rented it just recently left so the room was not perfectly tidied up for me. So finally, after going to church, I had enough spare time to get the vacuum (which my Irish friend calls "hoover" by the way, so cute!) and use it leaving no corner untouched. This is my new favorite thing- VACUUM, especially when the nozzle is removed then the vacuum pipe can get through the tiny, edgy spaces. Yey, no more dust bunnies! :D

I also surprisingly gave time for physical exercise (cross fingers for consistency!). And then, I ate a small snack and Snack-ed It! :| (Pity laughs for me) It was pretty good! Hoping for more crackers though!



Day 27 - May 5, 2014

So I'm doing one step at a time. Pasta pasta, then fishy fish... Next time, ULAM naman (viand).


It is quite rainy lately here in HK but that didn't stop me from going to the grocery and to the wet, now wetter, market just for these brown eggs.


Brown eggs?! Okay, so the ignorant, spoiled Filipina me freaked out when I couldn't find normal, WHITE eggs. I had to stupidly ask the lady, "Is this from a chicken?". She kept repeating that it's $3 so I kept asking if it's from a chicken. Then she said, "No, no, not chicken." But I'm really not sure if we understood each other. So I had to go back to the grocery to look for white eggs but they're all in large egg trays. Finally, an old, white foreigner came near me and I asked him the difference between white and brown eggs. "That's a good question," he quickly replied. The bottom line of what he said was yes, they're from chickens, and they're supposedly healthier. Then when I said thanks, I had to say goodbye at least three times because he kept asking more personal questions. I had to walk very fast after my third goodbye. So I went back to the market and just stare at the eggs for a minute. I am not good at picking fruits because there is a certain tenderness, size, color and whatnot that you need to know, and I'm having the same trouble with these eggs. So to play safe, I got a brown one and a light brown one. HAHAHAHA :D

This is the one thing I got really scared about (aside from buying eggs)- cooking rice from a pot. Just for the very reason that my mom has never done it before. But viola! This pot is becoming my new best friend! Thanks, Google, for the step-by-step! You are certainly everyone's lifetime best friend. :D


Who says you need a skillet to fry fish fillet?! "Nah-uh" says my new best friend!

(I need a social life...) :|


And dinner is served! My mom said you'd know if the food is good if you burped. And boy I did, without the need of soda. ;)

Of course, when I felt confident with my cooking, I slightly burned the last batch. HAHA. Don't get your head too big yet, Kim. 


The after math. In fairness, lakas maka self-reflection ang maraming hugasin. Hahahaha!



What to cook next?
Kim :)


0 comments:

Post a Comment