Days 34 - 42 Major Backlog

May 12-20, 2014

Again, I apologize for the lack of updates recently. I just had my birthday week which got me so excited I literally cannot focus. So now that my birthday hangover is gone, back to blogging! :)

Here are the highlights the week before my birthday.

I went to Avenue of the Stars just because I often see it in the MTR posters of the landmarks around Tsim Sha Tsui. It sounded fancy so I went there alone after work without even researching what's in there. Oh golly wow... I thought going out of Causeway Bay Station was a journey, but getting to Avenue of the Stars was like a journey within a journey! It was such a loooooong walk. But it was a nice Me-time walk. (As if that's not my everyday thing! Haha!)




And as I was strolling, I thought to myself, "Wait a minute, I've been here!" And here is the evidence:


That was taken waaaay back 2001 when I was 11 years old, my first international trip. It would always be my favorite trip with my parents. :) Notice that there were less buildings then. :)

So anyway, do you ever feel that you have the need to buy food from tourist spots even though it's so expensive? Although I am very thrifty, I just couldn't resist the smell of this dried shredded squid and gave my $30 away. Oh my. No offense to the ones who like this, but this is like eating salted rubber. Oh well, bye bye $30.


I didn't know that there is Symphony of Lights every 8PM. Had I known, I would've stayed a little longer. I really need to do my research next time.




Of course, these are the only people I know. :D





And some pig. ^-^


Such a loner selfie. Haha!


A junk! Why is it called a junk anyway? :/


And I just want to share to you my purchase this week. My skin has been reacting BADLY in the weather here in HK. So I tried this!


And looked like this! :D


Haha, kidding! But seriously, I really loved the instant blooming effect it made on my face. I'd know if something is really effective if the people you are constantly with notice the change. And one of my officemates did. She said my makeup was beautiful and she asked if I used a new makeup, but I didn't! :)

And here are the ones I ate that are kind of worth sharing, haha.

I love, love, love cream puffs and this brand is almost at every MTR stations. So I finally tried one. It was yummy but not the way I expected it to be. Will try another flavor the next time my sweet tooth attacks!


I rarely eat at karinderya in the PH, but here in HK, next to 711, this is my place to be when I am hungry. I ordered duck with soup. It's like eating chicken and pork at the same time! Haha! But it was actually very good!


I cooked spaghetti again but this time with the classic pasta. I had been craving for wings since I got here and I am just so happy upon seeing microwavable ones in Wellcome. Although it wasn't spicy for my liking, it satisfied my craving. :)


My friend KG had been posting mangoes in Facebook and my inggiterang tummy also wanted some. Thank goodness I live next to a wet market. I used the extra mangoes in my chocolate tart...s na naging plural because I accidentally made too much chocolate.

Don't mind the crappy "food art" I made.


My flatmates would agree that I am a boring person. I have never been to Lan Kwai Fong, where all the bars and clubs are. I stay in the flat most of the time on weekends. When I want to do something, I just cook. Everything that keeps me busy are within the screen of my laptop. Well, that's just me! And no one can tell me that I am not having the time of my life because I am. :)

But when my officemates asked me to go with them on a Saturday night, of course I agreed! It's nice to be out and spend more than what you usually do once in a while. I finally had my first beer in HK and they had me eat such great food! I didn't even get tipsy at all because they gave me the left overs, hahaha! I am happy to have found great friends in HK. :)


But it is sad to see some of them leave our company too soon. Well, not the guy, Sing, he just wanted to be in the picture. Haha! I miss you, Lui and Amanda!


So yeah, that is how I spent my last days of being 20...something. Haha! Will be posting about my birthday week soon!

I am back,
Kim ;)

0 comments:

Post a Comment