June - Sweets and New Found Passion

Hi everyone! I became inconsistent with my daily entries and I do apologize for that. But yeah, after 3 months here in HK, I can say that I have adjusted well enough so my everyday life has become routinary, so not so blog-worthy.

But here are some of my highlights this month. :)

Our company is so sweet for giving us a triple celebration birthday cake. Although I'm not very fond of cake, I pretty much enjoyed this one from Maxim's. Thanks, everyone! :)


The girls, with Fei Fei unprepared, hehe!


My sweet moment with Laurie as if it's our wedding, haha!


And my birthday celebration wasn't over yet! My girlfriend, (yes, girlfriend by default) Goby, treated me with dessert and never-ending laughter. Haha! I want to bring her home to the Philippines just so that there is someone constantly beside me making me laugh. Hahaha!

See, we can NEVER have a decent photo together!


Here's her treat! Some ice-thingy with fruits. Quite unique for me yet tasty!


And durian bean curd just because we were so curious what it tasted like! Very weird but it was good!


Again, courtesy of Goby and her Filipina helper, they invited me to their house for some Filipino food. I've been anticipating this day since I came here in HK.

I especially requested Kare-kare and...


Adobo. :D


I was beyond happy after devouring these! Ate Lorna, being a typical Filipina, gave me some take home food of course! Best week for my tummy!

I've always wanted to get a foot spa since I came here in HK because walking long distances is part of everyone's system here. So this home massager of Goby's is just what I needed. Good thing I didn't fell asleep. :)


So thank you, Goby, for making making me fat... with love. Haha! But you owe me big time with you-know-what!

As you may have known in my FB, I've been looking forward in exploring digital painting. I had several sleepless nights just thinking about all the possible creations I could do. And it's just reasonable for me to finally invest in a great pen and tablet. Ta-dah!


Stitch stuffed toy not included. ;)


I will try to write a review about it next time, as requested by a friend. But so far, I could say it is worth the investment for leisure or even for career. I am sill trying to get the hang of it because I have been to traditional arts my whole life, and the only things I do in Photoshop are layouting and minimal photo enhancements. So yeah, I'm hoping I could share my digital paintings soon. :)

And lastly, about the busy life in Hong Kong. I am lucky enough to live near Time Square because they change their themes from time to time, so it's nice to see interesting sets. For this month, they had my favorite super hero slash my Dad, Batman. :D

However, there were so many people everytime I pass by it, so it was hard to take nice pictures without anyone or any body part in front of me. :|












So yeah, that's pretty much what has been going on with me. Work has been getting busier, though. I try not to go around that much or buy anything since I purchased my tablet. But come July, I will try to explore more. :)

Still homesick yet still happy,
Kim :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment