Days 16, 17 & 18 Overdue, Overtime, Overjoy

Here's my overdue entry for the past 3 days of both overtime and overjoy. (Maipilit lang yung title).

Day 16

This morning, our HR asked me to fill out a form. It's the first time in my life that I didn't put my parents in my emergency contact. If something bad does happen to me (knock on wood), I hope my flatmates are not in the club. :| Last question is quite funny though. :D


I have been wanting to taste some great authentic Hong Kong food and I am glad that I have been satisfied.


It's bread, which is a little crispy, covered in rice noodles with some soy sauce and sweet and spicy sauce. I really loved it. :)


For dinner I wanted another Hong Kong food, but I got too hungry and just ordered something familiar to me. I don't normally eat congee unless I am sick but I find this very filling and yummy. But it still makes me feel like I am sick.

Remember that I broke my sandal the other day? I have been wanting to buy another pair so I surprisingly had some energy left and went around Causeway Bay to find some shoes. As many of you know, Forever21 here has 4 floors. In the PH, even though it's usually just one big floor, I immediately get overwhelmed and feels like throwing up even, seriously. I don't know, I'm just never fond being bombarded with clothes. So I went out empty-handed and decided to walk along the streets and maybe find cheaper ones since DUH they're on the streets. Welcome to Hong Kong, Kim, where branded boutiques are along the streets. So when I went back to my flat, here are the things I got:



Yup, no shoes. HAHAHA.

That $9 ice cream is pretty expensive for a mobile ice cream, but they say it's better than Haagen Dazs. I personally haven't tried one because I don't splurge on ice cream since I usually like my ice cream PLAIN (don't confuse my tongue!). So my expectation was just for it to be better than PH's dirty ice cream. Yeah, sure, it's yummy and creamy but given an option to choose between this and PH's 10php of actually good  ice cream, I'd rather have that dirty-cold-I-hope-it's-not-really-dirty-but-hey-I'm-still-alive, ice cream. :).

I ran out of milk so my Koko Krunch has a partner again! I've been dying to know how it feels like to drink a bigger bottle of Yakult. My God, I am really starting to think na ginugutom ako ng sarili kong bansa. The size is just perfect! We should have ours like this! It's not very noticeable in the picture but this is 100ml. Hindi bitin inumin. I also got some instant noodles just to stock in my flat just in case I get too lazy to go down. It's $9 for 2, and the original price is $6. Good bargain for me! :D (Pardon the laundry background, hehe.)

By the way, it has been exactly a month now since Monique's death. I won't be able to visit her family on her 40th day but I will do something special for her. I love you, Monique. I know you are with me, guiding me all throughout my day so that I won't get lost or do something crazy. I love you! :)

Day 17

I rarely go overtime for work because no matter what I do I still think about my work and I even absentmindedly do weird stuff just because I'm thinking about work. Believe me, you will LAUGH at me when you hear the story. Four words- facial wash, feminine wash. Figure it out. :D

So anyway, tomorrow is the school's big opening ceremony (yes, it means whole day work on a Saturday) so we did lots of preparations, and I mean grand preparations. So bottom line, overtime.

I didn't have time to buy dinner because I badly wanted to go home and hug my bed. So my instant noodles came in handy early! :D


As long as it says seafood and oyster sauce, that should be safe.


Greatest invention ever! Okay, I admit, I stupidly got burned several times while pouring the hot water from my pancit canton or yakisoba before. :(


I am having more stocks of this! It's like eating instant pancit canton but healthier because of all the leaves and all. But as my KJ boyfriend says, hindi lahat ng may dahon healthy. Nonetheless, it was actually good! And the amount was surprisingly just enough for me! It's like 1 1/2 packs of Lucky Me.

Day 18

I got so tired that I slept around past 8:30PM last night. Yes, I was that tired. You might think I'm getting the rest that I deserve but not quite. I woke up at 2:45AM and I was wide awake. I even heard my flatmates come home after their party. I was awake for more than an hour and by the time my phone alarmed twice, I snoozed it. I woke up at 7:40AM, an hour later than my usual waking time. :|

So anyway, onto the grand celebration. And boy was it grand indeed. There were lots of rich people and I bet some of them are very well-known. But overall, everyone did a great job. I loved doing crafts with the kiddos. Can't wait for the school to officially start! :)

I was beyond relief when the principal announced that we can go home early. I treated myself with some shopping. My boyfriend would agree that I am a bad shopper so when I do say that I shopped, that's like making the perfect pancake once in a blue moon. I literally went home with just some pennies left and an Octopus card. I had to bargain to the saleslady just because I was short by $4.5 but she gave me $10 discount. Haha! Happy day! :)

Over blessed,
Kim :)

2 comments:

  1. My hubby loves the bigger yakult in SG as well and mopes about the pathetic size in PH. Waste of packaging materials lang.

    ReplyDelete