Days 19, 20 & 21 First Times and Another Goodbye

I am losing track of the dates I have missed so I will indicate the dates as well. :) Again, sorry for the overdue. :/

Day 19 - April 27, 2014

I attended the service at The Vine again, wishing to see the lady who lent me $10 last week, even though I really don't have change. I didn't see her unfortunately but I did see A LOT of Filipinos. It is true that when Sunday comes, Filipinos are out on the streets of Hong Kong. But I was quite surprised seeing some of them, mostly domestic helpers I suppose, at a Christian church because I knew there would likely be more Filipinos in Catholic churches. I was even seated right next to some Filipinos. Nakakamiss mag-Tagalog sa labas ng laptop. :)

I wanted to treat myself with a yummy and expensive food for the first time since I got here in Hong Kong. I have tried Ramen Nagi in the PH and it had been a great hit so I wanted to try the original one here in HK but it's called Butao King. The reviews online always say to expect a long queue. There was a short line outside the restaurant itself but when I said I was just alone, I immediately got a seat...in a round table...with two couples. I have learned not to mind other customers in my dining table in HK- the art of avoiding eye contact.

I had the richness of my ramen just Normal but oh my golly, it was still very rich, in a great way though! I am not a ramen person but I really loved this. But again, as expected, I was not able to finish the whole bowl and sadly, they don't accept take outs, or as they say here, "take away". I think it was the first time I felt bloated in HK. I walked back home walking like an old woman, massaging my tummy from time to time, and by the time I hit the bed I was asleep in a Sunday afternoon. Buhay baboy.


I love going to the grocery more than shopping actually. And for the first time again, I was able to eat a fruit, a pear specifically, with "bare teeth". I ironically miss my braces, but now that I get to do the stuff again that I used to do before I had braces, I am "embracing" my brace-less teeth again! :D


Day 20 - April 28, 2014

Today is my dog's birthday which is synonymous to my baby's birthday. During his first birthday, I was out at a makeup gig. On his second birthday, we did celebrate but not exactly on his birthday. And now on his third, I am so far away. :( Good thing my mom and my boyfriend are madaling pakiusapan in preparing a mini party for my baby. And they exceeded the party I had in mind. :)


Look how happy my baby boy is...even his guests! Hahaha!


If you are looking for yummy and safe dog cakes, cupcakes and treats for your pets, Whole Pet Kitchen is the way to go!

Kidlat met the rest of his doggie and human  friends at Eastwood later that day. I still wish I was with him spoiling him every moment. Upon seeing his photos that night, I really was not able to hold it and I cried more than how much I cried when I was feeling homesick few weeks ago! I guess this is what mothers feel when they're apart with their offspring.

Anyway, onto what happened today!

Remember I loved the bread roll covered in rice noodle? So I tried another one like it but inside is shrimp. And if you do know me, you'd know I can eat shrimps every single day. Pero masakit sa tuhod minsan. :( I sort of expected it to be like tempura but instead of being breaded, it's covered in rice noodle. Hmm... ENGK. I'll just order the bread roll next time. Good thing thing I have my Philippine banana as what the grocery label says.


Today was an art-filled day and here are some of the artworks I have done. The bird mask by the way is the one I was talking about the other day. My favorite is the cow, haha! :)


And the long wait is over! My good friend, KG, is already here in HK to teach me how to cook. Actually she did more than that. She paid for my grocery. She got me some small pans. She toured me to cheap but good groceries. And... she made me laugh with almost everything that comes out of her mouth. I love this girl! I owe her makeup lessons when I come back home.

And oh, we have our first times too! I had my first Tram ride and she had her first experience with the Self Check-out in the grocery. Coolness. :D


Since my flat isn't exactly a typically a house, we had to be resourceful with the limited stuff we have in the kitchen. But here's a booboo though. The plate got stuck in the pot when pouring out the water from the pasta. Haha!


We, or rather she ('coz I was just taking down notes), made Mac and Cheese. Heavenly!


A sorta kinda burnt chicken. Haha!


And a chocolate taaaaarrrrrtttt!!! Grabe, winner!



Day 20 - April 29, 2014

Today was a normal, busy day at work. But in between I bug my co-teachers and give a joke or two, or hit them playfully at their butts, 'coz that's what I normally do! But something sad happened. One of my co-teachers resigned because of a family matter. And she just left. They said she said goodbye but I think I wasn't there because I almost didn't see her today. I honestly got so affected because I already consider her as my friend, and the least I could do is console her or at least hug her goodbye. But no, I just texted her upon knowing she has left. With my previous workplace in the Philippines, the problem of one is almost like the problem of all. Everyone would console each other and even pray for each other. I am more than thankful to be in this type of environment right after I graduated in college. So now that I am in a different setting, it is also a different culture. I really had to hold back my tears a while ago because I can imagine my co-teacher's pain right now. But I bet the rest of my co-teachers would be freaked out if they do see me cry. :(

Now I need someone new who would patiently teach me Cantonese...

Will always be an emotional, chummy Filipina,
Kim :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment