Days 43 - 44 My Birthday

I forgot to say in my previous post that I cut and dyed my hair... by myself. I'll never do it again. It was so hard, not to mention ngalay. I used an elementary scissors with a label Art Attack to cut my bangs. Hahaha. I had no choice. The salons I go to in the Philippines are usually more expensive than the usual, but HK salons are waaaay out of the league of my pocket. Btw, the ground floor of my flat is a salon, so at least in the 5 seconds of my day I smell like I am fresh from the salon. NOT.

May 21, 2014

It was the day before my birthday and I JUST CAN'T FOCUS. 

I was surprised seeing this on my office desk first thing in the morning. My Irish friend, Laurie, planned this sweet surprise for me with all the birthday greetings from my officemates inside the card. I love reading birthday greetings! Thanks guys!


So anyway, I was so excited seeing Miguel again and to be able to create new adventures with him, but this time out of the Philippines!

Our agony was much prolonged with his (not surprising) delayed flight, and malfunction of the baggage area at HK Airport. But when I finally I saw him after a month of being apart, I was just beyond happy.

This was us having our first meal at Café de Coral. 


And we already made a food review of it! Please do check it out HERE!

Walking around Causeway Bay.


And of course, opening gifts time!

First gift was from my godfather, Tito Davis! Never forgets even though I'm too old to receive gifts from my Ninong. He gave me Harry Potter stamps which of course I wouldn't use. They're all MINE MINE MINE! :p And the green dog with funky ears, Ding Dong, was his gift to me when I was still very small. He is one of my favorite stuffed toys. I brought him when I first came to HK at 11 years old. And 13 years after that, we are both back! :)


The next gift made scream, cry and die (figuratively) at the same time. Oh my parents. No words are perfect enough to describe how I love them. Every single birthday of mine is special because of them. I love you, Mama and Papa. Don't stop (spoiling me) being awesome!



My crazy boyfriend got me a letter, jacket, shirt, shorts, shoes, watch, and..... yakisoba and pancit canton! Hahaha! So this is me wearing ALL of his gifts! 



May 22, 2014

If you watch HIMYM, I am so like Lily when she said IT'S MY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!

I prayed so hard to have nice weather during my birthday week. And although it was raining on and off this day, I had the best birthday ever, next to my debut of course. :)

WE WENT TO DISNEYLAAAAAAAAND! Forgive the textual screaming because IT'S (was) MY BIRTHDAAAAAAAYYY!

I was skeptical when Migs said that we should celebrate my birthday in Disneyland. Although I am such a Disney baby, I would prefer going to more extreme rides in Ocean Park.  But good thing I listened to him. It was a Disney Princess dream come true. :D

So enough blabbing and type-shouting. See how awesome my birthday was!
















And then, we also went to Avenue of the Stars.




Then went to Sneaker Street in Mong Kok.


Capped off the night with his beer and the best Takoyaki I have ever devoured.


You can't still picture how amazing my day was so here's a short video of our adventure. It's my first time to do a travel video with Go Pro and first time to edit in Adobe Premiere. So forgive the wobbliness and poor editing. But please watch it in HD and wear earphones so you could hear me scream. I'm serious.


For all those who greeted me in whatever way... I really appreciate it! Thank you all so much!

20 something girl,
Kim :D

0 comments:

Post a Comment