Day 5 - Last Weekend with Mama

We were supposed to go to Cebu Pacific's office to rebook my flight. But of course, it's a Sunday. They're on holiday. By the way, at first I get confused when they use the word "holiday" because Filipinos would initially think that there's really a national or international occasion, but actually it just means no-work day, or on leave. So anyway, we were still craving for HARD, FRIED noodles. But I think that is really not an authentic Chinese dish because our order just seemed like pancit canton with meat and veggies. Okay, I will stop looking for fried noodles now.


So it's adventure time again! But definitely not lost day again! So I had a light bulb moment! Literally!


We went to Hong Kong Science Museum because it's just a walk away from a train station.


The ambiance is like Mind Museum in Taguig with all the interactive stuff around. Goby said we should have went here on a Wednesday because that's when the entrance is free.





We spent most of our time in these mind-boggling puzzle areas. Mom and I are big puzzle freaks. And I'll conceitedly say that I am good at puzzles, especially with tangrams. But this one challenged me. I'll go back on a Wednesday alone to finish the rest! Bwahahaha!


My goof friends from AIESEC accompanied us that afternoon at Prince Edward and Mong Kok for some street food and to look for cheap finds. Basically, we went to a wider, cleaner Divisoria.


I am bad at Cantonese and my retention span is quite short so let me see if I still remember what I've learned this day. Don't mind my spelling though. You-pay-cow (haha) and Sumai is the one this picture. Not Sumei because that's a chicken...? Then we had Yo, lamb on a stick. Ngaw which is beef. Goi for thanks over a small gesture. Do Ze for thanks for a bigger gesture. Hai for yes. Mo Men Tai for sure. (I can imagine Goby's face laughing as she reads this). Haha!


I can't wait to have my HK friends to try our own street food. Darn, I miss those...


Mong Kok just feels like home, but this paper art is something new to me. Amazement!


We went to this steak restaurant which again serves too much for my mom and myself combined. Anyway, observe my and Goby's faces in our pictures. Haha! This girl made me laugh so hard this night. She is officially my girlfriend now, and she cannot do anything about it! :D

Trying to be a local,
Kim :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment