Day 3 - Tsim Sha Tsui

So the agenda for today is to visit the school I’ll be working at, We Love HK, cool name huh? But again, going to a new place challenged us to be street-wise which I definitely lack in the PH. (Btw, I refrain from using the acronym PI for the Philippines because it has a different meaning there. Don’t ask me!)


When we finally reached Tsim Sha Tsui (I think I am getting better at pronouncing this), I was still an hour early for my meeting. My mom and I headed to a pizza joint that reminded me of Sbarro because of their big pizza. And this one is definitely comparable! I just wish they have a version of Chicago White Pizza though. *drools...


After a short meeting, my boss, Ms. Agnes (left bottom), together with the other English teachers, Pari from England (left top), Laurie from Ireland, and I headed for some lunch at Grappas. They all seem nice and I am excited to work with them and also learn from them.


Due to the high expenses in HK, we are already running out of money on our third day! Haha! So my father is always to the rescue wherever we are. I love him to infinity and beyond!


Goby sent me a picture message in WhatsApp (which is very popular in HK than with Viber by the way) of the street food I should try. I can’t wait to try it out with her so mom and I already bought one when we passed by it. It reminds me of Oishi Manju which I always find in Megamall, although the filling is not that “filling” as Oishi Manju's. Haha, gets? So Goby, if you like this, let me know if you’ll go to Manila and I’ll treat you with boxes of Oishi Manju! You can have a variety flavors such as chocolate or custard cream. Tell your mom you’re safe with me when you’re in Manila! I'll make you fat!


It feels so great just roaming around the city with no more agenda in mind! Look at this wonderful view at the street of my place!


I am already problematic once my mom leaves. The serving in all of the meals I have eaten so far are too big for me so mom and I always share. Just look at this yummy dish! My mom had to secretly put our leftover inside a napkin because the menu says “No take away”. She also did that last night! Haha!


By the way, I am sooo GLAD that I am able to eat corn in a cob now since my braces are gone already. This is my favorite snack when I was in college. I especially love the one along Vito Cruz because I can easily charm the Kuya for extra margarine!


For the past 3 days that I have been  working for errands and all that jazz, my OC long wallet helped me to survive! This was given to me by my boyfriend before I left, and I am just so thankful for this! It kept me SANE all throughout the panic of where to go and what to do.

So this final weekend with my mom is no-agenda-yes-to-shopping-and-whatever-days! I can actually feel the balls of my feet hurting a little bit in every step, but I think it will get numb eventually. Going up and down 5 floors everyday is already my exercise! :D


Good night from the goofy us! Mama, you seriously need to work on your wacky face. Yours looks so fake, hahaha!

Stress-free,
Kim :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment