Day 2 - Macau

Today is a very important day for me. I had to go to Macau just so that when I come back to Hong Kong, my training visa would get validated. Having that only purpose in mind, my mom and I were not able to research much about Macau. My AIESEC friends were not available today to accompany us so this was really a test if we are good travelers!



We started off with somewhere that feels like home- McDo! I am so glad that their fries taste the same like in the PH. The cheeseburger is pretty much the same but the patty is bigger. I actually prefer this than in the PH not only because of the size but also because the onions are not chopped so I can easily take it out, haha! Mom's chicken burger is quite spicy for her though. And their Minute Maid is sour and less pulpy. I should stop saying this but still, everything is more expensive even in McDo! But yeah, everything is bigger, so stop complaining, Kim!

IMG_2765

Here's out first MTR ride! Mom's hair looks yellow here, haha! Now I understand why people eat a lot in HK but still maintain to be slim. Walking (noun) is the air they breathe. It is second nature to them to walk (I am not good in estimating distance) like from Regis Center, Katipunan to Katipunan LRT Station (sorry for the bad reference!).  So anyway, going to the train and exiting the train station is a "journey". Bet I will have my legs toned by the time I get back home! Wala bang pang abs? Haha!

IMG_2774

The ferry here is the most sosyal I have ever seen! It is so comfortable and it has TVs and lot of seats.

IMG_2781

IMG_2804

I can't believe we were able to arrive in Macau! I am so amazed with the beautiful, futuristic-like structures here! And I am so surprised and happy that there are free shuttle buses in almost every hotel. We just strolled around for 2 hours and went to Macau Ferry already. We didn't buy anything at all! Haha! We are such bad travelers. We'll go back for sure when we have more time. But at this moment I just badly want my visa to be done once and for all!

IMG_2846

After so much nervousness and pagsusungit ko sa sobrang kaba, I finally have my visa validated! Now I understand why people, especially Filipinos, feel triumphant when their visa gets approved. Haha!

Of course, going around unfamiliar places is not always easy. We survived going to Macau and coming back to HK by just merely following the signage and symbols. However, they are not always complete, or maybe my panic just gets in the way. But thank God that Filipinos are everywhere! They are the ones who helped us with the directions when mom and I feel lost. There was also this old woman who tripped and her things fell. I helped her right away and asked if she is okay. I found out that she is a Filipina. This proves that wherever we go, we (Filipinos) are still the ones who will help each other. :)

Tomorrow I will finally visit the school I will be working in. I am definitely ecstatic! :D

Tourist no more,
Kim :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment