Day 4 - Getting Lost

As I said in my previous blog, today is supposed to be a happy-no-more-things-to-do-day. Uh well...let's see. So I asked my mom to choose whatever places she'd like to go by referring to our Lonely Planet guides. So I was so excited to take turiista pictures! Funny and stupid at the same time that I just remembered to bring out my GoPro camera. So this entry will be picture-heavy so I'll minimize the chitchat. 

Mom wanted to go to Victoria Park. As what we have seen on the map, it seemed "walking distance Hong Kong style". So we thought that after 3 days of HK walking, this will be a piece of cake!





I got scared when I saw pigeons lying around on the ground sideways because I thought they were dead! Anyway, I wanted to have a European-like shot that when I go close to the birds, they will scared-ly but beautifully fly away. But no, these pigeons are too busy with their sun bathing!


If you just want to stroll around or sit on a bench, you'll probably like Victoria Park. There are big courts on the side too but I am just not sure how to be allowed to use them.


We were still on the walking mode so we headed to Tin Hau Temple.




I don't know what this is but it's like a big katol (but as a form of worship I suppose)so I am not sure if they have to finish burning these!




We had our grocery again after visiting the temple and we were so hungry afterwards. Sadly, I was craving for chicken spaghetti but the McDo here only serves 4 chickens per order as their chicken meal. No rice! :( And I can't believe I'll be saying this. McDo's chicken here in HK is better than with Jollibee's in the PH! It has the juiciness of Jollibee, the crispiness of McDo, and the spiciness of KFC. I will frequent here for sure and just cook rice in my flat!

After this, there are no pictures of our "journey" because mom and I got LOST. As in super mega duper LOST together with our grocery and 5 liters of water! I don't know how many kilometers (not even exaggerating) we have walked because I think we rode a wrong bus or we went down at a wrong bus stop. Anyway, I am just glad we reached my flat and had a short merienda, rice bowl, which we got along the street. For something that is so bland, this is very good! I liked it!


After regenerating our energy, we were ready to get lost again! Haha, kidding! I personally wanted to go to Hong Kong Park because it seemed easy to go to. When we reached down our flat, I saw a cute corgi pooping! Hihihi!


Our handy-dandy useful-useless map!

We had more pictures in the afternoon but I just took out the best ones. Here we are at Hong Kong Park! The biggest and awesomest park I've seen!




Mama is like standing up on me! :D



We didn't know that we were already near the famous The Peak Tram, so we excitedly walked towards there. But lo and behold the loooooong waiting line. We'll just probably go back next time with my Papa next month.


We went back to the park and saw a 3 or 4-level kid's playground! Look at that big sand area! Any kid would call this heaven.


Cutest trash bin ever!


So here we are ready to go home. But wait, there's more. WE GOT LOST AGAIN. Hahaha, I'll just laugh off all the boo-boo's my mom and I had today. God led us home and our struggles along the way reminded me that I should never trust my own understanding alone. We really need to "let God"!

(Edited part) I forgot to mention that my mom and I tried looking for Mang Ambo, a Filipino restaurant, near Wan Chai Station, which appears to be closer to my flat by merely looking at the map. So I thought it would be great to walk a shorter way after a good Filipino meal which I miss so much. It was another long walk (what's new?) going to the address of Mang Ambo that was stated on my Lonely Planet guide. But I guess his joint didn't become a hit because it wasn't there anymore! To our dismay, we opted to have fried noodles instead, just like what Chowking offers before. My mom emphasized and pointed out the picture of the fried noodles on the menu to the waiter. But this is what we got ... not fried at all. :| (Had to crop my mom's confused face because she'll get mad at me! Haha!)


So the part where we went home was not actually a lost scenario again, but the map completely deceived us. What seemed to be so near to my flat is actually the opposite. :| Can't wait for a good foot massage soon!

Anyway this will not be about Hong Kong anymore. But despite all of my init-ng-ulo today, it is actually an important day for me. Before I left the Philippines, I had all of my boyfriend Migs' friends to be my accomplices for my surprise birthday party for him. And that is today! I was on Skype during the surprise and I can't help but cry. I missed him so much. But I am just glad that the party was a great success! I can't wait to see the photos and videos. :)


Will never get lost again,
Kim :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment