Day 6 - First Day of Work

I timed my travel time from the door of my flat up to the door of my work place. And I did Filipino style of walking with the usual morning train rush. But I think I overdid it. My calculated time was 30 minutes, so I ended up too early for work and I couldn't go in the office before the HR arrives. So anyway, I had to pee badly but not much establishments were opened already. The only public restroom that was nearby was from McDo but it was under maintenance. So I had to hold it for more than 30 minutes. (I don't even know if this is worth sharing).

So far, my workload is not that heavy yet. It's still more on lesson planning since the school is yet to start until end of April. The workplace is okay and the people are nice to me. But it's not as chummy as with my previous jobs in the Philippines. Here, work is work. And they are very strict with the time, which again would be a good practice for Filipinos in working out with their "Filipino Time" habit.

I wasn't able to eat breakfast and I didn't bring any snacks with me. I was dying inside upon knowing that the lunchtime was still at 1pm. I can actually hear my tummy grumbling. When lunchtime finally came, I accompanied my friend to an Indian restaurant. I ordered chicken curry. Oh boy, I am never going back to an authentic Indian restaurant anymore! The food was just too spicy for me! I love curry and I love spicy food sometimes, but this was just not within my tolerance. I barely finished it so I was still very hungry. I didn't want to be late so I went back to the office without having another food with me. It was also a bit rainy today and my location in the office is right underneath the aircon. I was freezing. I usually have oily skin back in the Philippines, but when I came back to my flat, I had dry patches on my face.

We got off at 5:45 and I just can't wait to see my mom and eat. We saw KFC and decided to eat there. Their chicken tastes like Jollibee's in the PH. But KFC is not KFC for me without their gravy. But what I did love was the egg tart that came with my meal. I'd be going back there just to order egg tart!


And this is my only photo for the day because I was too exhausted, not from work, but with hunger and the cold.

Learned my lesson,
Kim :/


0 comments:

Post a Comment